Vision, Mission, and Values
The Leah Ryan Fund reflects the values that Leah herself possessed:
- We believe in fierce artistic integrity, resilience of spirit, and authenticity of voice.
- We reward excellence as expressed through the mastery of form.
- We embrace the world with outrage, humor, and compassion.
- We acknowledge our complicity in the systems of oppression and resist injustice.
- We practice direct and honest communication.
The Leah Ryan Fund was established in 2008 to honor the memory of Leah Ryan, a woman of letters who wrote plays, poetry, essays, lyrics, adaptations, and collaborated with performance artists. The Fund currently offers an annual playwriting prize (The Leah) and an annual award for writers facing a serious illness (The Vladimir).